Integrating workflow and project management systems, TeamRoof’s rules-based estimating tool enables all staff to generate quotes.
TeamRoof is a new company specialising in fitting and repairing large industrial and commercial metal roofs and wall sheeting, insulation, guttering and downpipes, vents, cappings and flashings. Initially, their complex quoting process was entrusted to one highly experienced staff member, but as the company expands the process needs to be simplified to allow new, inexperienced estimators to generate accurate quotes.
Our customised software solution integrates a workflow and project management system to create an automated, rules-based estimating system with the following features and functions:
• Create and modify a quote based on materials of varying dimensions
• Quantity calculator that multiplies dimensions to calculate quantities required
• Allows new and existing product information to be easily added and modified
• ‘Email supplier’ function to request bulk prices
• Generate branded standardised quotation documents
Automating the estimating process has halved the time it takes to generate quotes and enabled more TeamRoof staff to share this task as the company expands. Furthermore, the solution has simplified project management and improved communications between suppliers and clients by producing highly professional branded and standardised quotes.